On June 6th 2019 a North Bay Police Officer conducted a traffic stop on Fourth Avenue East in North Bay.It was determined the driver was suspended and also had obstructed police by supplying a false name. The traffic stop resulted in the male driver and a female passenger, both from North Bay, being arrested.
Justin DESROCHERS, age 37, of North Bay has been charged with:
- Two counts of Possession of a Controlled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking,
- One count of Possession of Proceeds of Property Obtained by Crime,
- One Count of Obstructing Police; and
- One Count of Breach of Probation.
Cheyanne BIRD, age 18, has been charged with;
- Two counts of Possession of a Controlled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking.
- $1,120.00 in Canadian currency
- Approximately 22 grams of crystal methamphetamine
- Approximately 50 grams of cocaine
It is alleged that after the accused was arrested a search was conducted which resulted in the police locating and seizing;
Both accused were released from police custody and will appear in the North Bay Courthouse on July 30th 2019 to answer to the charges.
Do you have information that can assist police with this investigation or other criminal activities in your neighbourhood? You can call the North Bay Police Service at 705-497-5555 and select option 9 to speak to a police officer.