Currently accepting applications for the YOUTH IN POLICING INITIATIVE
The North Bay Police Service and the North Bay Police Services Board in partnership with the Government of Ontario’s Ministry of Children and Youth Services is accepting applications for the 2018 Youth in Policing Initiative.
The Youth in Policing Initiative is a provincially-funded program for youth 15 to 18 years old who are attending school.Participants will be provided with an opportunity to learn about the North Bay Police Service, our community and to develop new skills to increase future employability.The program will be of interest to students considering a career in policing.
Rate of Pay:$14.00 per hour
Location:North Bay Police Service, 135 Princess Street West
Duration:July 3 to August 24
Hours and Expectations:
- 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday to Friday (please note: may be required to work some evenings or weekends in support of community events and initiatives).
- Ability to act responsibly; exercise good judgement; conduct oneself in a professional manner; ensure confidentiality; be self-motivated and have good communication skills.
- Parental/Guardian approval to be photographed for media and social media purposes.
- Must be a full-time student between the ages of 15 and 18 years old
- Must be returning to school in September
- Good attendance record
- Must not have been convicted of a Criminal Offence for which a pardon has not be granted, and must not have any charges pending before the courts
- Must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Successfully complete the recruitment/background check process
- Bilingualism an asset
Please forward a letter of interest, resume and application form by May 25, 2018
By E-mail: careers @northbaypolice.on.ca
Deliver by hand: North Bay Police Service, 135 Princess Street West
By Mail: Human Resources, North Bay Police Service, P.O. Box 717, North Bay, ON P1A 3X6
Application Forms available online under Career Opportunities, Civilian Opportunities