On Friday, November 26, 2021, members of the North Bay Police Service arrested and charged a 32-year old woman with Theft of Motor Vehicle and related dangerous driving offenses.
The accused in this incident is Billy Michelle Lynn PATON, female, age 32, who is charged with:
- One count of Theft of Motor Vehicle
- Two counts of Failure to stop after accident
- One count of Dangerous operation
- One count of Flight from peace officer
- One count of Operation while impaired – alcohol and drugs
- One count of Failure or refusal to comply with demand
- Three counts of Failure to comply with release order
- Two counts of Driving while under suspension
At approximately 10:00 p.m. on Friday, November 26, 2021, members of the North Bay Police Service responded to reports that the accused had stolen a motor vehicle from a parking lot of a business on Fisher Street, North Bay.
Members of the North Bay Police Service observed the stolen vehicle travelling at a high rate of speed before the accused stopped in a parking lot of a business on Lakeshore Drive. When a member of the North Bay Police Service attempted to stop the accused at this location, the accused struck the officer’s vehicle with the stolen vehicle, fled the scene while driving erratically, and struck another vehicle on the road.
Members of the North Bay Police Service pursued the accused for a short period of time and witnessed the accused drive into a ditch on Highway 654. At this point, officers arrested the accused.
The accused and victims in this incident are not known to one another.
The accused is currently in custody awaiting a bail hearing at the North Bay Courthouse.