UPDATE – The North Bay Police Service has arrested and charged one male individual for weapons-related offences and in relation to a home invasion that took place in the early morning hours of April 27, 2021, at a residence on Cedar Heights Road East, North Bay, near Highway 11.
At approximately 1:45PM on Wednesday, May 5, members of the North Bay Police Service closed access to Lee Ave, Lakeshore Ave, and MacDonald Ave East, in North Bay, to assist in the arrest of Bradley STEVENS, male, age 22, of North Bay.
At approximately 2:30PM the same day, members of the North Bay Police Service, members of the North Bay Police Service’s Emergency Response Team, and members of the Ontario Provincial Police, located STEVENS inside a vehicle in the area.
Two males were arrested at the scene. Bradley STEVENS is charged with:
- Three counts of Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Three counts of Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- One count of Firearm – Use while committing an offence
- One count of Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose
- One count of Disguise with Intent
- One count of Break and Enter a dwelling – commit indictable offence
- One count of Pointing a Firearm
- Four counts of Possession of a Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to a Prohibition Order
- One count of Carrying a concealed weapon
- One count of Possession of a Schedule I Substance - Cocaine
The North Bay Police Service would like to recognize the work of NBPS’s Emergency Response Team and the assistance of the Ontario Provincial Police and the OPP’s Emergency Response Team in arresting the accused.
STEVENS is currently in custody, pending a bail hearing at the North Bay Courthouse.
The Special Investigations Unit (SIU) was notified and has invoked its mandate. As a result, the NBPS will not be able to provide any further information. Any other inquiries should be directed to SIU Communications at 416-622-2342.