The North Bay Police Service arrested and charged a 42-year-old male with drug trafficking and weapons offences and seized over $150,000-worth of illegal drugs.
The accused in this matter is Trevor Roland Placide MARTEL, male, age 42, of North Bay, who is charged with:
- Seven counts of Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of Trafficking
- One count of Traffick in Schedule I substance
- Two counts of Unauthorized Possession of Weapon
- One count of Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- One count of Possession of prohibited or restricted firearm with ammo
- One count of Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
- One count of Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose
- One count of Careless storage of Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited device or ammunition
- One count of Occupant of Motor Vehicle knowing there was Firearm
- One count of Carrying concealed weapon
- One count of Pointing a Firearm
- One count of Forcible Confinement
- One count of Uttering Threats – Cause death or Bodily Harm
- One count of Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5,000
The North Bay Police Service received a report of an incident in which the accused threatened and pointed a gun at the victim. Police conducted an investigation and, on November 13, 2023, at approximately 3:00 p.m. on Lakeshore Drive, North Bay, members of the North Bay Police Service Street Crime Unit, NBPS Emergency Response Team (ERT), Ontario Provincial Police’s Tactics and Rescue Unit (TRU) and OPP ERT conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle in which the accused was travelling. At that time, the accused was placed under arrest. Later that same day, members of the North Bay Police Service and OPP TRU executed a search warrant at the residence of the accused.
The victim and accused are known to one another.
Searches by police resulted in the seizure of:
- Approximately 321 grams of suspected fentanyl
- Approximately 256 grams of suspected crystal methamphetamine
- Approximately 47 grams of suspected cocaine
- A loaded 9mm-calibre handgun
- A set of brass knuckles (prohibited weapon)
- A “butterfly”-style knife (prohibited weapon)
The estimated street value of the drugs seized is approximately $152,600
The accused was held pending a bail hearing at the North Bay Courthouse.
The North Bay Police Service would like to recognize the Ontario Provincial Police and the members of the OPP TRU, OPP ERT, and the OPP Regional Support Team – North East Region for their assistance in this incident. By working together, we all help to create a safer Ontario.