On December 10, 2022, members of the North Bay Police Service arrested a 22-year old male on drug and weapon charges.
The accused in this incident is Ryan Howard ROBINSON, male, age 22, of Toronto, Ontario, who is charged with:
- One count of Unauthorized possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm
- One count of Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
- One count of Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose
- One count of Carrying concealed weapon
- Once could of Careless storage of Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited device or ammunition
- One count of Possession of prohibited or restricted firearm with ammo
- One count of Occupant of motor vehicle knowing there was prohibited or restricted weapon
- One count of Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime under $5000
- One count of Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of Trafficking
- One count of Possession of a Schedule I Substance
On December 10, 2022, members of the North Bay Police Service conducted a traffic stop on Main Street West, North Bay, of a vehicle in which the accused was travelling as a passenger. Police conducted a search and subsequently arrested and charged the accused.
Searches by police resulted in the seizure of:
- Approximately 6 grams of suspected Fentanyl
- Approximately 16 suspected Oxycodone pills
- Approximately 13 grams of suspected Cannabis
- A loaded handgun and accompanying ammunition
- A quantity of Canadian currency
The estimated street value of the drugs seized is approximately $2,000.
The accused was held in custody pending a bail hearing at the North Bay Courthouse.