We offer this voluntary Vulnerable Persons Registry for families and caregivers of persons who reside* in North Bay or Callander and are living with:
- Alzheimer's disease or other dementia;
- an acquired brain injury; or
- an intellectual disability.
By registering a vulnerable person, you will grant the North Bay Police Service the ability to quickly access critical information about the person's description, routines, medical needs, favourite attractions, special needs and emergency contact information. The data collected will be entered into a secure database.
Should an emergency situation arise regarding the registered vulnerable person, the North Bay Police Service will also be able to share this information with other police partners and emergency personnel. The database is accessible to police across the country, giving you peace of mind should you travel with the vulnerable person outside of the North Bay area.
We thank you for helping us keep vulnerable persons safe by participating in this community-based policing initiative.
*Persons responsible for vulnerable persons who live outside of the North Bay Police Service's jurisdiction are advised to contact their local police service to inquire if a registry is available in their area. If the service is not available by your local police, please note that the North Bay Police Service only accepts submissions from outside our jurisdiction if the vulnerable person is regularly in North Bay or Callander for reasons such as family visits or medical appointments.
How to Register
Complete the following steps:
- Choose one of the following forms to complete: Print and complete by hand - Vulnerable Persons Registry Form
- Complete the form and print it.
- Choose one of the following methods to submit your completed and signed form:
Complete using Word and print - Vulnerable Persons Registry Form
- In person at police headquarters, located at 135 Princess Street West, North Bay
- By mail at North Bay Police Service, c/o Vulnerable Persons Registry, P.O. Box 717, North Bay, Ontario, P1B 8J8.