The North Bay Police Service is a team of 94 police officers, and 40 full-time and 22 part-time civilian support staff who proudly serve the City of North Bay and the Municipality of Callander.
Our jurisdiction, which is home to a combined population of 55,416 residents, is comprised of urban and rural settings and bordered by water, forest and wetlands.
Our members have strong working relationships with members of:
- the Anishnabek Police Service, who provide police services to our neighbours on Nipissing First Nation and Dokis First Nation;
- the Ontario Provincial Police, who police provincial highways, navigable waterways, and surrounding rural communities; and
- the 22 Wing Military Police Flight, who provide police services to the local Canadian Armed Forces base.
Our role, as legislated under Ontario’s Police Services Act, is to:
- prevent crime;
- enforce municipal, provincial and federal laws;
- help victims;
- keep public order; and
- respond to emergencies.
Our mission statement
Dedicated to service, committed to community.
We, the members of the North Bay Police Service, are committed to:
- excellence in policing;
- pride in professionalism;
- compassion for those in need;
- honesty, integrity, growth and teamwork.
The City of North Bay's population, in accordance with 2016 Statistics Canada data, is 51,553. North Bay covers an area of approximately 136 square kilometres.
The Municipality of Callander's population, in accordance with 2016 Statistics Canada data, is 3,863. Callander covers an area of approximately 106 square kilometres.