Paid Duty is a service provided by and authorized by the North Bay Police Service.
A paid duty officer is a member of the North Bay Police Service who is off-duty and who is paid by person(s) requesting a specific service, such as:
- Traffic control
- Security at dances, concerts, festivals, sporting events or other special events
- Wide load escorts and other escorts
- The hourly rate is $68.12 plus H.S.T. effective Jan 1st 2017.
- Paid duties are for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Cancellation notice of less than 24 hours shall result in billing for 3 hours.
- Any partial hour worked that is equal to 15 minutes or more will be charged at the rate of a full hour.
- Police vehicles are available upon request. The hourly rate for the use of a police vehicle is $35.00 plus HST.
- Paid duties in excess of 16 hours require a CERTIFIED cheque with the agreement before agreement will be accepted.
How to Request the Paid Duty Service
To request an officer for paid duty, complete the Paid Duty Request Form.
The signed form can be faxed to 705-497-5599, emailed to email@example.com, or delivered in person to the North Bay Police Service’s Traffic Office.
Contact the Traffic Sergeant at 705-497-5555 ext. 508 between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday (except statutory holidays).