Paid Duty is a service provided by and authorized by the North Bay Police Service.
A paid duty officer is a member of the North Bay Police Service who is off-duty and who is paid by person(s) requesting a specific service, such as:
- Traffic control
- Security at dances, concerts, festivals, sporting events or other special events
- Wide load escorts and other escorts
- Paid duties are for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Cancellation notice of less than 24 hours shall result in billing for 3 hours. (see form for cancellation instructions)
- Any partial hour worked that is equal to 15 minutes or more will be charged at the rate of a full hour.
- Police vehicles are available upon request. The hourly rate for the use of a police vehicle is $35.00 plus HST.
- Paid duties in excess of 16 hours require a CERTIFIED cheque with the agreement before agreement will be accepted.
How to request a paid duty service
To request an officer for paid duty, complete the Paid Duty Request Form, subject to the date of your event.
From January 1st, 2018 to June 30th, 2018: Paid Duty Request Form
Where to send completed forms
The signed form may be:
- faxed to 705-497-5599;
- emailed to [email protected]; or
- delivered in person to the North Bay Police Service’s Traffic Office at 135 Princess Street West, North Bay.
Contact our Traffic Unit at 705-497-5555 (option 5) between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday (except statutory holidays).