The North Bay Police Service is committed to recruitment and selection practices that will enhance the effectiveness of the Service and contribute to its goal of community policing. It is the intent of the North Bay Police Service to hire qualified candidates in a manner consistent with its commitment to providing fair and equitable opportunity to all candidates in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Policing Standards on Equal Opportunity, and the North Bay Police Services Board Equal Opportunity By-Law. Special constables are civilian members of the Service who provide court security and prisoner transportation services. They also server summonses and subpoenas.
In order to be considered, applicants for the position of Special Constable must meet the following minimum requirements:
- A Canadian Citizen, a permanent resident of Canada, or lawfully able to work in Canada.
- At least eighteen years of age.
- Physically and mentally able to perform the duties of the position, having regard to his or her own safety, and the safety of the public.
- Of good moral character with no criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
- Be able to provide proof of a valid driver's license with a good driving record.
- Be able to provide proof of educational minimum of a secondary school diploma or its official equivalent.
- Provide proof of a valid ATS Special Constable Test Results Profile.
- Provide proof of a valid standard First Aid certificate.
To assist in the pre-screening process of applicants, Applicant Testing Services Inc. (ATS) provide testing for candidates interested in applying for the position of part-time Special Constable. After successful completion of testing, applicants are provided with an ATS Special Constable Test Results Profile required for employment with the North Bay Police Service. Further information on registering for testing can be found on their website at www.applicanttesting.com.
Special Constable Application Form
Pre-interview testing for applicants, including a general aptitude test battery, a writing process test, and a physical fitness test, shall be conducted by an outside agency through Applicant Testing Services. Upon successful completion of the GATB, WPT, and Physical Fitness, an ATS Special Constable Test Results Profile (TRP) will be provided.